Thursday, November 22, 2012

Egg Potato Frittata



This is something I used to make before I had learned to cook.  Yes, you don’t need any cooking skills to make this dish. Happy?  :)
Breakfast is EXTREMELY  important to me. I am not one of those who can get through the morning with a cup of yogurt/bread &  butter or a bowl of cereal. I want proper breakfast..I want it hot..I want my protein, something that will keep me full well until lunch at 1 pm.

 
So this is the one I used to go to whenever amma was not there to fix me something to break my fast.  Easy, healthy and extremely satisfying.  Here is the recipe:
Serves - 1
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 small onion (sliced lengthwise)
1 small potato (thinly sliced)
Salt to taste
¼ tsp black pepper powder
¼ tsp garam masala
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp butter
Lets do it now.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
Add the onion and pinch of  salt to quicken the cooking process.
Now add the potato. Again add pinch of salt.
Mix.  Cover and cook in low flame.
In the meantime, beat the eggs. Add the black pepper powder,  garam masala  and salt. Mix thoroughly. (make sure not to add lot of salt as we are seasoning every step of the process.)
When the potato is nicely cooked, transfer them to the egg bowl and mix.
In the same skillet, add butter and rotate the skillet so the butter moves to every corner.  We don’t want our frittata to stick to the skillet, right?
Now pour the egg potato mixture. Level it with a spoon so every bite has  some potato and onion in it.

 
Cover and cook in low flame.
When the top is set, flip it over and switch off the flame. The heat from the skillet will cook the other side.

 
Enjoy with a cup of tea or a glass of orange juice.
Have a magnificent day!! J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment