Sunday, August 4, 2013

Carrot-Beetroot Juice



I am not overly obsessed about my health or anything but yes, everything in moderation is my mantra….No I don’t shun something completely because of its calorie content ..aww..poor thing..or keep tab on what goes into my stomach…I believe we are what we eat and whenever I am eating something I want to do so with a positive mind frame not like aww..this is bad for me and still eat it.. 

Having said that let me also tell you, I am very picky when it comes to food. Confusing? :(  People have this misconception that since I love cooking, I eat just about anything and everything.  Fact is, I don’t eat something that I don’t understand.. you know..like if the ingredients are not familiar ...also I need to feel good about the whole eating experience….weird? For me feelings plays a major role in every aspect of my life. I use my heart more than my head so much that it has gone on a long vacation and refused to come back..she feels unwanted..hmm..need to do something about it..






Ahem....are you still with me?  What is it that we were talking about…oh yes..living healthy.

I am very responsible towards my body...….and mind...ok..ok..atleast I try.  I do spend some time in gym, meditate, eat home cooked food (that is because I hate eating out...very old fashioned huh?) and drink juice..Hmm.. speaking of juice, here is something that I want to share with you guys, my carrot beetroot juice, awesome..Taste amazing, sweet, ginger-y, frothy and look at the color..great, right?




Very simple all you need, for 2 medium glass,

4 medium size carrots
4 beets
a small piece of ginger
few coriander leaves
Lemon wedges to garnish

Scrape carrots & beets and clean all the above ingredients thoroughly.  Now roll coriander leaves in a bunch and feed into the chute followed by ginger, beets and carrots (preferably in that order) and extract every single drop of juice. You can also add a little bit of lemon juice in there or  spice it up with green chillies. Garnish with a coriander leaf and a lemon wedge.

Easy..healthy..now you are ready to take on the world, Tiger :)






No comments:

Post a Comment